Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/dark_schneidr/darkschneidr.com/portal/includes/db/db.php on line 377
Gamer's Lounge (Presented by Darkschneidr) › Forums › Public Forums › General › CoD:Modern Warfare 2

[x] Main Menu
 Home Community Members options Web Resources Search

[x] User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password

Membership:
Latest: jfauifsja
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 388

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 28
Total: 28
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Event Calendar
02: Forums
03: Event Calendar
04: Event Calendar
05: Event Calendar
06: Event Calendar
07: Forums
08: Event Calendar
09: Event Calendar
10: Forums
11: Event Calendar
12: Downloads
13: Event Calendar
14: Event Calendar
15: Downloads
16: Forums
17: Forums
18: Event Calendar
19: Event Calendar
20: Event Calendar
21: Event Calendar
22: Event Calendar
23: Event Calendar
24: Downloads
25: Event Calendar
26: Event Calendar
27: Event Calendar
28: Event Calendar

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

CoD:Modern Warfare 2

Which platform should I get CoD:MW2 for?
Xbox360
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
PC
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Wait till I get PS3 and get it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The game isn't that great. Don't waste the $60 and wait for price drop
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Don't get it ever
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Solis
Needs to get out more

PostPost subject: CoD:Modern Warfare 2
Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:13 am

Ok so I am trying to decide what I should get it for PC or Xbox 360. I am fairly good with PC controls (KB/Mouse) but not so with a console (Think Turok on N64 was my last FPS console). Looking for any input on how the controls play on a console.

I know Xbox probably wont look as good as PC version (depending on system of course) or the PS3 version (I assume PS3 has the better graphics core and look than Xbox 360). I am wanting to get more console time in since I have spent money on consoles (hope to get PS3 next year sometime) and curious if its worth getting CoD on xbox 360 or if the control scheme is just a bitch? I don't like using controls on computer and cannot play games like assasins creed on it lol.

I have read up on online play and for some reason the PC players bitch alot about it and Xbox Live guys like it. I don't understand why as I have yet to play against others on a console. Is Xbox live good for online gaming or should I stick with PC online gaming?

Anyways thanks for any advice and if you play the game let me know on what and maybe we can hook up

Darkschneidr
Site Admin

PostPost subject: Re: CoD:Modern Warfare 2
Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:22 am

Anyone with half a brain and a mouse will beat console kiddies with noobsticks all day long at fps, there is no comparison to the precision and response of a mouse vs. a controller.

As far as graphics go, all 3 versions will probably look the same, the difference will be what's available to download online as updates. If one were better, it would be the computer I would bet because of the hardware limitations of the consoles, but... keep in mind, a 360 or playstation on a HD tv looks every bit as good as the PC version unless you have a monitor that will run higher than a 1920 x 1080 resolution. You can also plug in a mouse and keyboard on these systems as well, although I've never tried it personally.

For actual online "play", I would say the PC definitely takes the cake in connection quality/stability and performance.

PC typically has all the patches and it's basically free to download them. And you can usually find someone nice enough to hack an .exe that will give you all the addons you want.

Xbox 360 has the xbox live service which I've never NOT paid for, so I'm not sure how it works if you don't have a subscription, but Xbox 360 has usually more Marketplace stuff and addons.

Play Online from Sony has this as well, but I'm not sure if it's better or worse really. I would wager that Xbox probably edges out the Sony online store for most items that are compatible on both systems.

Solis wrote:
I don't like using controls on computer and cannot play games like assasins creed on it lol.

This part confused me a little, are you saying you DON'T like pc controls? or did you mean to say you don't like the noobstick controls on the box?

Join the Gamer Army!
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Solis
Needs to get out more

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:21 am

LOL Using a controller on a PC. Non keyboard and mouse style. Games like Assasins creed and Prince of Persia I cannot play keyboard and mouse style. I can only play those types of games with an actual controller

Solis
Needs to get out more

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:25 am

I think I will end up getting the PC version. I know there is more to the game than say CSS but I really couldnt understand how the fuck I would play CSS with an xbox controller which I assume is a noobstick lol. This psot in turn leads me into Xbox Forums and my RROD =p

Mikinister
Board Semi-Noob

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:58 am

Solis wrote:
LOL Using a controller on a PC. Non keyboard and mouse style. Games like Assasins creed and Prince of Persia I cannot play keyboard and mouse style.

And vice-versa for FPS games. I could never understand how so many people can play the fps games with a controller. Guess if you started with a controller, you wouldn't have a problem.
Graehl
I swear to god I'm not a flooder!

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Starting on PC since way back in the day for FPS, I never understood how anyone could play one without a mouse and keyboard. Fast forward 10-15 years and I can do it just fine. It's one of those things that sounds retarded at first but grows on you. Like Hiko.
I can't stop posting!

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:40 pm

Score, I don't sound retarded anymore.

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.
Page 1 of 1