Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/dark_schneidr/darkschneidr.com/portal/includes/db/db.php on line 377
Gamer's Lounge (Presented by Darkschneidr) › Forums › Public Forums › General › So like damnit...

[x] Main Menu
 Home Community Members options Web Resources Search

[x] User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password

Membership:
Latest: jfauifsja
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 388

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 76
Total: 76
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Event Calendar
02: Event Calendar
03: Event Calendar
04: Forums
05: Event Calendar
06: Event Calendar
07: Event Calendar
08: Event Calendar
09: Event Calendar
10: Forums
11: Forums
12: Event Calendar
13: Event Calendar
14: Event Calendar
15: Event Calendar
16: Event Calendar
17: Event Calendar
18: Event Calendar
19: Event Calendar
20: Event Calendar
21: Event Calendar
22: Event Calendar
23: Event Calendar
24: Event Calendar
25: Event Calendar
26: Event Calendar
27: Event Calendar
28: Event Calendar
29: Event Calendar
30: Event Calendar
31: Event Calendar
32: Forums
33: Event Calendar
34: Event Calendar
35: My Account
36: Event Calendar
37: Event Calendar
38: Event Calendar
39: Event Calendar
40: News
41: Event Calendar
42: Event Calendar
43: Event Calendar
44: Event Calendar
45: Event Calendar
46: Event Calendar
47: Event Calendar
48: Event Calendar
49: Event Calendar
50: Event Calendar
51: Event Calendar
52: Event Calendar
53: My Account
54: Downloads
55: Event Calendar
56: Event Calendar
57: Event Calendar
58: News
59: Event Calendar
60: Event Calendar
61: My Account
62: Event Calendar
63: Event Calendar
64: Event Calendar
65: Statistics
66: Event Calendar
67: Event Calendar
68: Event Calendar
69: Event Calendar
70: Event Calendar
71: Event Calendar
72: Event Calendar
73: Event Calendar
74: Event Calendar
75: Event Calendar
76: Event Calendar

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

So like damnit...

Lets get shit together and tear it up
Hellz Yeahz
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Never, I hated you guys
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Sounds good but busy with other things
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Brian is fucking nuts and rather not be near him
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Solis
Needs to get out more

PostPost subject: So like damnit...
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:00 am

I miss hanging with everyone. I miss the Vanguard days of doing nothing and chatting. I dont want to just sit in chat room or forums all day and just hope someone says hi or something. I wanna get some shit going. We dont need MMO's or what not there is plenty of shit to do. CS is one thing that so far just Dark and I have played. I dont wanna think of HoT dying or being dead cause I think with the attendance and posts here everyones still looking for that one thing that brings us back together.

I know WoW isnt going to happen and I for one am bored of it again. Vanguard will be a no go just for the simple reason of getting it going strong again isnt going to happen. There is new shit in the horizon coming about but its so hard to say "hey guys lets all get back together and play this". I miss everyone and I know Aja misses gaming with everyone.

Yes this is the part where I am gonna keep ranting on and probably make no sense and these long ass posts are a pain to read but IDC.

Anyways lets get some ideas floating and such on what can bring us all into some fun times together again. We are a gaming community but I think of it as you guys being family. I long again for the days of hearing Hiko call my toon COCK and Graehl being the OP class and Ibn...well Ibn just being himself. Tweeks and his fun storys of Military stuff. Dark and his knowledge of shit no one else gives a damn about. Everyone who comes to this site has in one way or another has been in a game with or knows someone and has memories and such.

I say fuck memories. I am all about our future plans and fun. Lets get our shit together. Lets again be HoT and own everyone and everything. Lets start a gaming revolution (I sound like a fucking commercial) and regin supreme and most importantly have fun together as the family we are.

Graehl
I swear to god I'm not a flooder!

PostPost subject: Re: So like damnit...
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:09 pm

Lol@ OP class. Never really thought about it before but you probably hit the nail on the head. Anyhow, I'm down for whatever as long as it doesnt suck. I'm on this forum every day, obviously not posting every day but I always check to see what's going on or if anybody's posted anything new. So yeah, if anyone floats some ideas I'll be around. Right now I'm playing Champions Online. I've got lifetime to that, and I dont play every day. It wont be our next big thing for sure, but I look forward to whatever will be.

Oh yeah, while reformatting some drives and installing Win7 last weekend I ran across a huge folder of screenshots from Vanguard that I kept. I nostalgia'd hard.

Needs to get out more

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:16 pm

Nice. I got a few VG pics. Didn't get a whole lot of them saved but old memories are fun as hell with gaming. As of games in the future I am looking at (non fps) are Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2. MMO outlook I guess the new Star Wars or APB. Dunno about much else out there. For now I am just rocking out Counter Strike Source. I keep seeing commercials for a new Call of Duty or Medal of honor. Whatever one it is looks cool. Also a new shooter on the Wii Deadspace looks really cool if you got one of those check that game out.

I got my Xbox 360 and can set up account with live if anyone else knows of some fun stuff to do on it. I dont have a PS3 I can't afford one lol. Anyways thanks for the message back G. Lets get some more opinions on here

Darkschneidr
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Upload some. Smile I would like to see them.

Well, I have decided I am not going to continue driving as a job, it's ridiculous hours (I'm gone 140 hours a week normally), I don't get to be home nearly enough, I don't really get to see my wife anymore, and it's insanely stressful trying to manage my time to keep driver managers and fleet managers happy.

Right now I'm heading down I-5 to LA, and should be in Phoenix around 3 AM. I should never have had to go on this trip either...

I'm applying tonight for a Systems Analyst position at the university, so we'll see how that pans out. Going to send in some other things too, but my goal is to get back on a decent schedule and be able to work on school again. This is a great job for someone who has no one to go home to and likes to live on the road, but it's just not for me.

As for gaming, I'm still enjoying WoW very much, I have plenty to do in it. I even went to the point of ordering authenticators for mine and Tina's accounts to make sure some asstard couldn't hack our accounts. I would hate to lose all the shit I have, lol.

I'm curious to see what the expansion will be like. I have a friend who played it at BlizzCon this year and he said that basically anyone who liked the pretty towns and stuff shouldn't play it. They are getting burned to the ground by the dragon that the storyline is based around, level cap is 85 with this one, and there are some neat new classes coming (werewolf, and something I can't remember).

I have rediscovered Counter Strike Source, and have had quite a bit of fun playing it with Brian what little time I get to. I wish more would get it and play with us, it would be a riot to either play vs. or crank the bots up and play all against the AI. For $20, you can't beat that kind of entertainment. If I had more time, I would also get into map creation and make a public server as well so we could pick on noobs. Wink The game is honestly a blast, one of the best playing online shooters I've ever seen.

I have played Aion a couple of times, and I need to play it some more before my free month runs out. It's been neat so far, but I have really made it nowhere.

I still haven't checked out the new Halo, which I DO want to do. Hell, for that matter I haven't even beat Halo 3 yet, and would like to have time to do that. Wink

NFS:Shift was also on my list to check out, but I have yet to have time to sit down with it. Some hate it, some love it. They handed this one to a different company to design, and supposedly it shows big time in it. I'll leave my opinion for when I actually get to check it out. One thing I don't know if I'll like or not is moving away from the free roaming map. I played ProStreet for about 30 minutes and got bored, and this one is allegedly quite a bit like it. If it flops, I think I might buy a PS3 and get Gran Turismo whateverthenumberisnow.

I still, to this day, am thinking about playing AC again. I don't know if I'll ever act on it and resubscribe and actually start banging away again, but it's always at the back of my mind. I just hate that no one plays the game anymore, and I'm almost positive I would get bored in a very short time doing what I did best... bank up xp and loot like a mofo and kill shit.

The simple fact is... there aren't any other good MMORPG's out. I think all of the developers of every game must play WoW, and it seems like they are too busy playing WoW to make their own games worth a shit.

As for games on the horizon... I can't think of any to really play. I have the whole Half-Life server series, including the latest games they've released like Left4Dead. I've thought about making a *whisper, whisper, whisper* private WoW server (more to check out the way it interacts with databases than anything). I just don't know what to do...

Join the Gamer Army!

Last edited by Darkschneidr on Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Darkschneidr
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:31 pm

Solis wrote:
I got my Xbox 360 and can set up account with live if anyone else knows of some fun stuff to do on it. I dont have a PS3 I can't afford one lol. Anyways thanks for the message back G. Lets get some more opinions on here

Guitar Hero World Tour/Rock Band yo!
Halo deathmatch!
A whole slew of racing games.
Not sure what else I still own...

Join the Gamer Army!
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Darkschneidr
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:46 pm

APB Smile

Join the Gamer Army!
Darkschneidr
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:52 pm

E3 2009 GameSpot Journal. This talks about most of the new games coming out this year.

e3.gamespot.com/

Join the Gamer Army!
Graehl
I swear to god I'm not a flooder!

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:52 pm

I've followed APB for quite some time. Can't imagine that I won't play it. The new star wars mmo i'm interested in, but we'll see. If people from here jump on it, I probably will too. Warcraft - no thanks. FPS, no thanks. Xbox - sorry, sold mine because I never played it.

Edit: Uploaded some pics to my gallery.

I can't stop posting!

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:12 am

The upcoming Starwars MMO seems like it has potential perhaps even the Final Fantasy one. I have been spending most of my off time playing competitive MTG lately, but I'm always up for the MMOing.

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.
Solis
Needs to get out more

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Yeah of new games looks like FF,APB, and SW. Would be great if we could all get together in WoW. It would make the game interesting again but I just cant see that game happening with alot of people. Curious what ever happened to Sirus?

Never tried Rockband and I don't see what fun it is. Seems like a non asian version of DDR but hell I may try it sometime

Darkschneidr
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:06 am

Solis wrote:
Never tried Rockband and I don't see what fun it is. Seems like a non asian version of DDR but hell I may try it sometime

Try Guitar Hero : World Tour, Rock Band kind of sucks since GH:WT came out - best game in the last couple of years to ever grace the console, seriously. I have more hours into that game than any other on the consoles, primarily for the drum kit. I can 5 star pretty much every track on GH:Metallica. Smile

I've played guitar and drums since I was 9, the guitar was easy for me, but the drums are where it's at. They are a blast to play. Compared to the Rock Band set, the GH:WT set OMGWTFPWN's it. It's actually set up like a real set and is just plain fun to play.

Join the Gamer Army!
ibnso
Needs to get out more

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:38 pm

Cheryl is back to macroing AC, lol.

I aint doin much of anything but school during the day and work in the evening. Kind of one of the main reasons I havn't been looking at any games, since everyone plays in the evenings while I work. Free week of LOTRO this week but it doesnt seem to want to let me play any of my bigger toons....
ibnso
Needs to get out more

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:40 pm

LoL, I did get a date out of playing Mafia Wars on FB.
Darkschneidr
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:07 am

LOL, really now... details? Smile

Join the Gamer Army!
Solis
Needs to get out more

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:34 am

Heh I can see it now. Sam has asked for your help Plowing some pussy in mafia wars. Click here to help Sam.

Page 1 of 2