Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/dark_schneidr/darkschneidr.com/portal/includes/db/db.php on line 377
Gamer's Lounge (Presented by Darkschneidr) › Forums › Public Forums › General › Gamespot Winner of Best Expansion Pack

[x] Main Menu
 Home Community Members options Web Resources Search

[x] User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password

Membership:
Latest: jfauifsja
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 388

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 16
Total: 16
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Event Calendar
02: Forums
03: Forums
04: Event Calendar
05: Forums
06: Forums
07: Forums
08: Forums
09: Forums
10: Forums
11: Forums
12: Event Calendar
13: Forums
14: Forums
15: Event Calendar
16: Event Calendar

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Gamespot Winner of Best Expansion Pack

Darkschneidr
Site Admin

PostPost subject: Gamespot Winner of Best Expansion Pack
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:55 pm

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

* Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
* Developer: Blizzard Entertainment

Hot on the heels of the Burning Crusade expansion that won this award last year, Wrath of the Lich King once again proves that there's plenty of life yet in Blizzard's four-year-old massively multiplayer online game. There was never any question that expansion number two would be a commercial success, given that there are more than 11 million World of Warcraft players, but only those lucky enough to have spent any time in the public beta before its release could've truly had any idea how great the journey to the new level 80 cap was going to be. Wrath of the Lich King's most significant additions are undoubtedly the new death knight hero class and the continent of Northrend, but there are plenty of other new features and improvements as well, many of which aren't quite as easy to write as back-of-the-box bullet points.

Arguably Wrath of the Lich King's most significant accomplishment is that, for the first time, World of Warcraft's lore and dungeons can be experienced by hardcore and casual players alike. At the same time, the optional "heroic" difficulty setting and an all-new Xbox Live-style achievements system ensure that veteran raiders aren't left wanting for challenges. The new continent is likewise deserving of a mention, not only because it looks even more impressive than Outland did in the previous expansion, but also because there are so many different things to do there. Quests are more varied and story-driven than before, siege weapons add a new dimension to player-versus-player encounters, and at times your actions have a noticeable and permanent impact on the world around you. In short, Blizzard really upped its game in Wrath of the Lich King, and considering that it's building on the phenomenally successful World of Warcraft, that's no small achievement.

* Watch the video review: HD | SD
* Read the review ยป

Join the Gamer Army!
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Graehl
I swear to god I'm not a flooder!

PostPost subject: Re: Gamespot Winner of Best Expansion Pack
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:05 am

Well of course it won, they put it up versus two fucking no name games. I've at least heard of Galactic Civilizations 2, but Europa Universalis III??? WTF is that anyway? That's like an NFL team vs a couple Pop Warner teams. Eve had an expansion, Mines of Moria came out for LOTRO, i think Colonization came out for Civ4, and dont tell me Sims2 didnt have at least 1 xpac.

Not saying it still wouldnt have won, but they could have at least TRIED to disguise the fact that they just wanted to give warcrap another award by putting some actual competition up there.

Next, nominees for best game: World of Warcraft, Barbie Rainbow Pony Adventures, or 2D Virtual Whittling. Rolling Eyes

Site Admin

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:15 am

LOL, this is true.

Join the Gamer Army!
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Hiko
I can't stop posting!

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:11 am

Graehl wrote:

Next, nominees for best game: World of Warcraft, Barbie Rainbow Pony Adventures, or 2D Virtual Whittling. Rolling Eyes

Nice!

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.
ibnso
Needs to get out more

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:45 pm

2D Virtual Whittling FTMFW
Page 1 of 1