Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/dark_schneidr/darkschneidr.com/portal/includes/db/db.php on line 377
Gamer's Lounge (Presented by Darkschneidr) › Forums › Platforms › PC › Done with LOTRO for now

[x] Main Menu
 Home Community Members options Web Resources Search

[x] User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password

Membership:
Latest: jfauifsja
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 388

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 45
Total: 45
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: My Account
02: Event Calendar
03: Downloads
04: Search
05: Event Calendar
06: Home
07: Event Calendar
08: Forums
09: Event Calendar
10: Event Calendar
11: Forums
12: Event Calendar
13: Event Calendar
14: Event Calendar
15: Home
16: Forums
17: Event Calendar
18: Forums
19: Event Calendar
20: Home
21: My Account
22: Downloads
23: Event Calendar
24: Event Calendar
25: Home
26: Event Calendar
27: Downloads
28: Event Calendar
29: Event Calendar
30: Event Calendar
31: Event Calendar
32: Event Calendar
33: Event Calendar
34: Downloads
35: Home
36: Forums
37: Event Calendar
38: Photo Gallery
39: Event Calendar
40: Event Calendar
41: Event Calendar
42: Home
43: Photo Gallery
44: Forums
45: Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Done with LOTRO for now

Hiko
I can't stop posting!

PostPost subject: Done with LOTRO for now
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:20 pm

I'm sure Graehl has noted my absence of late and whomever may be playing prob Tweeks. I haven't had time lately with the way work has been going and what not and I'll be having that wonderful ball of screaming and crying here in about a month and a half, so I unsupped LOTRO. I never really got into the game though honestly, I kind of just played to hang out with you guys. I guess I'll just have to hop one Vent and bother you guys when I get the chance :).

Keep me up to date if you guys plan on switching games.

Anyhow, I'll be around.

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.
Graehl
I swear to god I'm not a flooder!

PostPost subject: Re: Done with LOTRO for now
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:02 pm

You were done with lotro months ago Razz Dunno really, doesnt seem like anyone's hardly on at the same time anyhow. I usually log on a little while after tweeks logs out, and then I log out before Ibn logs on. Oh well.

Probably not changing games any time soon, because there isnt shit worth playing. Closest I'd consider would be trying vanguard again if everyone did, but even that just seems kinda meh. So unless someone has any ideas I'm staying put.

I can't stop posting!

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:51 am

I thought about Vanguard again, but I'm not sure. I wonder who we know that is still playing it. The issue of not having a lot of time right now will still be a hitch. I think If I went back though I might start over. I'm not sure I could bring myself to going back though.

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.
Graehl

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:01 am

Same. I dislike going back to games I've quit before. I've never successfully been able to just get back into it like the first time around. Be nice if they'd just make an awesome new game. The Agency and the DC comics game have been pushed back until next year, as a sidenote.
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:11 am

Yea, Vanguard was fun, but I don't see any reason to go back unless someone is just bored and has nothing else to do. The only person I know that is still playing would be Braelyn, but she is still in that raiding guild that has no other interests other then their weekly appointment for raiding (that would suck in my book).

I am about to install the expansion for LOTRO and activate my account. Tina and I are going to share an account to cut cost and check it out to see if she would like it or not. She has always been a fan of the whole playing a halfling thing, so I'm sure she will enjoy it.

As far as other games, it's true. There really isn't anything new out that is worth playing. The only one I'm considering at this point if I were to get bored of WoW would be to return to Asheron's Call and stay until the servers burn.

Join the Gamer Army!
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Graehl

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:10 pm

I vote for an Asheron's Call 3.
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:54 am

Yea, that would be so awesome... Sad

Join the Gamer Army!
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
ibnso
Needs to get out more

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:58 am

I vote you use your spare time and coordinate with G to make a new mo' betta game we can all play at the same time, kinda like a time warp game!
Darkschneidr
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:21 am

LOL, new mo' betta huh? Got it! I'll get right to work on that.

Join the Gamer Army!
Graehl

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:20 pm

One of the races/classes needs to be "a bear." That would be awesome.
Needs to get out more

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:14 pm

And a bunny. A bunny would be pretty cool, it could like triple wield or osmething.
Tweeks
I still need a rank. :) (Keep Posting)

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:17 am

I am still enjoying LOTRO alot, just like Graehl said it seems like none of us play at the same time.

And right now nothing even comes close. I don't forsee starting any new MMO's for at least a year. Nothing good has been released in years and I think it will be at least a couple years before anything good does get released. I hope we can all make a good run at starting a guild in a game and really get into a groove though.

Honestly the most fun I've had is that one week back in December when we had 4-6 people on a night playing WarHammer. It was short lived though Crying or Very sad
ibnso
Needs to get out more

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:17 am

Yeah, thats probably the funnest I've had too. Thats why DS and Graehl should get to work on our new game, can't you just imagine "a bear" and a bunny!!
Darkschneidr
Site Admin

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:07 pm

LOL. I wish I had the time and knowledge to design a game, I definitely would. I'm growing sick of the games that keep coming out that are just copycats. Even LOTRO seems like a strange mix between DDO and Vanguard. I'm toying around in it, we'll see if it hooks me in or not.

The guys at Pure Pwnage are allegedly creating a game, so that could be interesting.

I think if I were to create one it would be similar to AC but using a setting similar to what I would picture when reading the Dark Tower series books from Steven King, with modern-ish weapons (could you see a gunslinger in AC?). Perhaps using the nanotech stuff from AO for a skill enchancement and crafting system, and craftable trade items and banks like in UO. An undefined class system such as AC had is what made the game for me. I loved being able to make a bow wiedling sword guy that throws fireballs if I felt like it. Combat would be fast paced and require you to actually move to survive, rather than just stand there and shoot spells, etc. Also combat would not be scriptable, as in encounters would change tactics on a whim, much more like a real time strategy game. What may work one time, could possibly not work the second time (take that WoW!), and the strat would have to be changed to win the encounter. Would it be harder? Oh yes, definitely not for the crybabies out there that want it all for minimal effort. Character models need attention, but not too much attention. When it takes you hours to create a damn character because you are rummaging through all the choices, then it's just too tedious.

Meh, anywho, that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for, but I doubt we'll ever see in a game.

Join the Gamer Army!
ibnso
Needs to get out more

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:03 pm

yeah, ACs skill based system is the best I think. You don't get completely pigeon holed into one role or set of skills.
Page 1 of 2